Senior Software Engineer- GUI
Role- Senior Software Engineer- GUI
Location- Hybrid/Remote with monthly onsite visits to Warwickshire
Global medical devices company that has created a life-changing product. They are now at a very exciting point where they are scaling the company and expanding sales of the product.
In this, senior position, you’ll take responsibility for key parts of the software development, help uphold good practices, mentor junior engineers, solve complex problems, and be given significant responsibility for the code base.
Your Day to Day
- Create and implement fully tested software for complex Graphical User interfaces
- Work across the software development life-cycle; impact analysis, code reviews, smoke tests, and functional tests.
- Implement scalable, robust solutions for devices connected to the cloud with emphasis on data protection, security, web services integration, and messaging protocol.
- Resolution of anomalies in conjunction with other team members.
- Support triaging process for prioritisation and characterizations of anomalies with a multi-disciplinary approach
- Facilitate trend analysis to identify priorities in problem resolution plan.
- Assist with the mentoring and coaching of junior colleagues, helping to resolve more complex issues as they arise.
- Report, progress and escalate any issues and propose product evolution or product improvements to leads and managers with the appropriate level of detail
- Around 5 years of hands-on experience designing and implementing software for complex systems.
- Knowledge of multi-tasking programming principles (e.g. synchronization mechanism) and profiling techniques
- Proven ability to act with minimum supervision, with examples of resolving complex issues in previous similar environments.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Embedded OS families.
- Knowledge of the MVVM or MVC pattern.
- Experience developing with .NET framework.
- Experience using databases (e.g. SQL).
- Understanding of Object-Oriented modeling and programming concepts including UML to effectively understand, document and share Software design across teams and relevant stakeholders.
- Knowledge of Software development environment toolchains and techniques for creating, debugging, and maintaining software either new or legacy for microprocessors (e.g. Visual Studio).
The company offers a range of benefits, career progression, flexible working, and a fantastic ecosystem to work in.
Apply now for all details!