Director of Water Systems
Role- Director of Water Systems
Salary – £110k base + commission from sales + EMI stock options
Location– Remote or 1 day a week onsite (NEG)
Join a team that’s shaping the future of water management.
A leading environmental technology company in Manchester is looking for a Director of Water Systems. This is an executive position for someone with a deep knowledge of water networks/systems design, architecture, and maintenance. You’ll work closely with the chief exec and have a significant impact on the direction of the company.
The AI-based systems are proven to save utility companies millions in repair costs, can find and drastically cut leaks, and allow for predictive maintenance spanning large sections of pipes.
The system has been developed in collaboration with Centre for Water Systems at the University of Exeter, the world-leading academic institution for water research impact.
You’ll be working with an expert team and Board of directors delivering class-leading environmental technologies to water companies.
Key responsibilities will include:
– Establishing, driving and delivering the strategic and commercial direction of the business alongside the C-Suite and Board
– Leveraging your experience in winning multi £m contracts with utilities to draft tenders, bids, proposals and such other commercial documents to grow the Company’s revenue, y.o.y.
– Leveraging your deep technical knowledge of water systems/engineering to internally advise: a) the Engineering/Product leads on product direction and b) the positioning of value to customers via the Marketing team.
– Principal technical ownership of water systems-related decision-making
Necessary skills, qualifications and experience:
– A minimum of a Bachelor’s in an engineering discipline
– Strong knowledge of clean water (and preferably wastewater but not necessary) networks/systems design, architecture and maintenance
– At least 10 years of experience working in the water sector
– Central involvement in multi £m bid-writing/revenue generation process to win business from UK&I water utilities
Skills that would be helpful to have:
– Knowledge of AI/predictive maintenance
– Hydraulic modelling/hydroinformatics expertise
– Working alongside a talented, driven, friendly team
– Generous holiday allowance: 25 days excluding bank holidays and a 2 week shutdown over Christmas
– Flexi-time (delaying/bringing forward your start and finish time by up to 3 hours);
– Working from home for 3-4 days of the week, unless necessary or by preference you wish to come in more frequently;
– Support for any training you might want to undertake;
– Unique chance to have a direct impact on company growth, allowing for your own personal development in the process.
Our people are core to the mission. The hiring process is driven around the values-based ethos of the business. We aspire to deliver benefits to people and the planet, and we have a working culture that is based on mutual respect and understanding.
Apply now for more information.