Software Test Engineer
Do you want to make a difference while advancing your career?
We are looking for a Software Test Engineer to join an exciting scale-up based in Oxford. Your goal will be to enable the software product tested and released to high-regulated markets globally. This is a product that has the power to revolutionize health care across the globe!
The work is mainly based on test automation development in python, so if you love making things work better, whilst trying to break code, this might be for you. You’ll be joining a very well-backed medical devices scale-up.
Your responsibilities encompass–
- Automation or manual execution of test cases
- Analysis of requirements and translation into comprehensive test cases
- Engage in discussions with colleagues in other departments to clarify requirements and ensure test cases are sufficient
- Contribute to software hazard analysis and development of risk mitigation requirements
- Working with software developers to consolidate and improve our Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) infrastructure
Your current skills/knowledge should cover;
- An ability to rapidly understand complex technical requirements and derive test cases from these requirements
- Development of test scripts to automate test cases in scripting languages (such as, but not limited to, Python)
- An ability to manually execute test cases and debug where appropriate
- Software development using an Agile methodology
- Ability to communicate complex technical issues clearly to other team members including Developers, Test Engineers, and System Integration
Added bonus skills and knowledge would include;
- Knowledge of git and platforms such as Jira and Confluence
- Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Any knowledge of testing Android or Embedded software
The benefits are focused on your learning, health and well-being.
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays and a Christmas closure
- Annual Learning & Development budget 4% of your salary
- 12 days of Learning leave
- Company Pension
- £500 Well-being allowance
- Vitality Health Insurance – (includes subsidised gym memberships)
- 24/7 access to a GP
- Life Assurance – x4 annual salary
- Income Protection – 75% of your basic annual salary
- Private Travel Insurance
- Annual eye tests
- Cycle to work scheme
- Travel to work loan scheme
- Relocation assistance
- Volunteering leave
- Give as you earn – pre-tax salary donations to any UK charitable organisation.
- Free healthy breakfast and fruit
- Enhanced Paternity and Maternity Pay